Skip to content
Additional things to consider
- Consider cultural requirements prior to commencing examination (e.g., gender of the examining clinician). This is important because in some communities (particularly in regional and remote areas) certain topics are specifically men’s or women’s business.
- Consider carrying out the assessment as part of an Aboriginal Health Assessment (MBS Item 715)
- This provides links to allied health and nurse/Aboriginal Health Practitioner follow up items.
- Items linked to an MBS715 are additional to those linked to a chronic disease management plan.
- You can use templates from the RACGP to support a quality Aboriginal Health Assessment.
Other links you may find useful